- To provide compensation in the event of an accident causing death or injury
- The purpose of personal accident insurance is to pay fixed compensation for death or disablement resulting from accidental bodily injury.
- Personal accident and sickness policies are renewable annually and if a claim has occurred which could be of a recurring nature, the cover may be restricted at renewal or in severe cases renewal may not be offered
- It is against accident happening at any time and anywhere including flying as a ticket holding passenger in an aircraft operated by an Air Transport organization providing scheduled air services.
Three types of Table:
- Table A
- Table B
- Table C
Death permanent and temporary disablement.
Death permanent total and partial disablement.
|Table A||Table B||Table C|
|CLASS 1||TK.30.00||TK 12.50||TK 8.50|
- Annual Premium for Sum Insured of Tk.10, 000.
- For Ages between 16 and 65 years.
- Larger compensation medical expenses can be included under Table “A” at an additional premium @10% of basic premium.
Group Personal Accident Policy
Issued where there is some common relationship among the persons to be insured.
People´s Personal Accident Insurance
- Same as personal accident policy.
- Sum-insured is limited Tk.1, 00,000/-
- Premium very low –Tk.60/-